Greg Martinson Agency makes finding the best home insurance easy. We compare quotes from dozens of top insurance companies, saving you the hassle of comparison shopping. Contact us to get started.
What does home insurance cover?
Homeowners insurance typically includes:
- Liability Coverage: Protects you in the event you are deemed responsible for damages or losses caused by you, a family member, or often times, even a pet.
- Property Damage Coverage: Covers damage to your home or detached structures, such as a garage or shed. This includes damage from wind or hail, fire, and many other causes of loss.
- Personal Property Coverage: Pays for damage or theft to your personal property, such as furniture, clothes, electronics, etc.
- Medical Payments: Pays for medical procedures for minor injuries sustained by people on your property.
- Jewelry, Furs, Guns, Precious Metals: Standard homeowners policies include reduced limits on certain classes of property, such as guns and jewelry. These limits may be increased when required.
- Personal Injury Coverage: Helps pay for legal judgments of things like slander and libel.
- Water Backup of Sewers and Drains: Pays for damages arising from water back ups or sump pump failures.
- Earthquake: Optional coverage for damage from earthquakes.
- Business Property: Coverage for property used in a business that is stored at your home.
- And More: There are a multitude of coverage options that can be added to your policy based on your needs.
Looking for more info?
The Insurance Information Institute is an educational organization designed to improve public understanding of insurance. It’s a great resource for anyone trying to learn more. Check out their home insurance page or contact us for more info.